Nearly 1,000 cyclists participated in the Historic Roswell Criterium. In it’s 11th year, the Roswell Criterium again succeeded in putting on a great event. We came home with 2 top 10 finishes and a 3rd place podium spot. Rome Velo sent 6 racers who competed in 5 separate races at the event this year.
- Brandon Pruett competed in the Juniors 15-16 race. He Battled Phil O’Donnell at the finish for a podium spot in 3rd place.
- Matt Stahl, Todd Gould and Chris McGee competed in the Men’s Category 3/4 race together where Chris was able to sprint at the finish for 7th place in a field of over 90 racers.
- Chris McGee, Matt and Brandon raced together in the Category 2/3 competition where a large wreck spoiled all there chances of winning. Chris McGee actually went down and bruised a few ribs when he landed on a competitors wheel.
- Tina Locklear competed in the Womens Category 4 race. After the race Tina was quoted as saying, “Roswell was the hardest, fastest & worst placement crit race I’ve had, but earning the respect of fellow racers & having friends to support me is what’s MOST IMPORTANT!!.” Rome Velo is proud of her 11th place finish out of a field of more than 25 women.
- Todd Gould and Scott May raced early in the morning in the Masters 35+ Category 4/5 Race. The race was fast and difficult but there were no wrecks. Todd was able to stay up front for most of the race and got to sprint for a 9th place finish in a field of over 70 racers.